Tile Merchant Cement Based Backer Board is a rigid substrate created with cement, glass and aggregate to provide a super strong and incredibly durable surface for tiles in both interior and exterior applications.
This backer board is fire-rated which adds an extra layer of safety to your tiling project. Other features include: moisture resistant, mould resistant, impact resistant and super stable (will not expand or contract.)
Fire-rated backer boards are available in a range of sizes to suit your needs. 6mm and 12mm are two available thicknesses. This board can be cut with a sharp knife or straightedge. Fasten with nails or screws.
So if you are renovating your home or creating a new build, begin your renovation with this backer board for the strength, longevity and safety.
Tile Backer Board is an environmentally responsible alternative and upgraded to replace gypsum and plywood products
- A1 Fire Rated, Non-combustible
- Thermal Value, reduces heat loss (Thermal resistance coefficient is 1.14m2k/W.)
- Can be used over underfloor heating
- Sound Insulation
- Environmentally Friendly
- Easy To Install
- Freeze-Thaw Tolerant
- Resistant to Mould
- Extremely Durable, Impact Resistant
- Silica Free - no dust articles making it safer for the installer.